Back to Work

It has been a crazy and wonderful year. Since my last post, I have had another book published, another 2o or so articles, made wonderful new network connections in both publishing and education, and, most importantly of all, I have brought my son into the world. Needless to say, things have been very hectic, but I am eager to get back into a a more normal pattern.

I have been working since my son was two and a half weeks old. I know that sounds crazy, and it was, but I wanted to be able to teach this semester, as it is one of my very favorite things, and I either needed to start when the semester started or hold off on teaching until the Fall. With teaching opportunities so few and far between, it wasn't a bridge I wanted to burn, so I went back to work two days a week to teach.

Now, two months later, I finally seem to have a routine falling into place. I am writing again (I took a hiatus from writing for the end of the pregnancy and a brief maternity period) and am working on my third book, "Capture After Dark" which is a night and low light photography text that I am writing in collaboration with Philipp Rittermann with photographic contributions from Michael Penn and Kevin McCollister, all of whom I greatly respect as night photographers. I had another article published last month in Rangefinder and will be working on some more profiles later this year. And I wanted to get back into a more regular blog. I write all the time, but there is something liberating about having a more conversational tone and filling in my readers on what is going on in my life and in the lives of the photographers that I am in contact with.

At any rate, I'm back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

What Really is the Purpose?

Recognize the Wins