And Another One Bites the Dust

One of the elements of this graduate program is the opportunity to do Independent Studies of the student's design. I collaborated with a group of students for one on Grant Writing and came up with a grant proposal that I was really pleased with. I didn't get the grant, but I felt good about the process.

This session I decided to work with one of our instructors, a prolifically published photographer/writer named Glenn Rand, on an Independent Study about article writing and publication. The first article created out of this was a former essay turned interest piece that I sent off to a peer reviewed journal. I never heard back.

The second was an article I did based on several lectures and an interview that I had with Joyce Tenneson. The article was to be published by a European photography magazine that, as of yesterday, has gone out of business. The issue was supposed to go to press tomorrow. It was a cover story. It is now dead. So the sure thing publication that has been written, edited, polished, submitted, and accompanied by nine of her images is sucking dust six feet under and desperately seeking resurrection.

This repeating cycle of almost getting there and then falling off a cliff is getting old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Recognize the Wins

Carl Sagan