Perhaps it is About the Wait

There are so many times in life when everything seems to go straight to hell in one fell swoop. Times when the acts of walking through your day, of getting out of bed, of breathing seem overwhelming and impossible. I have had a lot of those days recently, for a multitude of reasons. But yesterday I received several things that I needed desperately.

The first was a call from a friend who is convinced that I can still positively affect the world. Not just my sphere, but the world. The second was the opportunity to chat with my father and get some of his thoroughly helpful advice. The third was acceptance of my submission to Alamy images. The last, but certainly not least, was the accidental email sent to a woman who inspires me.

The last being so important because had the accidental email not been sent, I wouldn't have felt the need to send a follow up email, and I wouldn't have gotten the response that I did this morning. A brief but lovely email from her actually thanking me for contacting her as she needed a boost while she prepares a new show and is exhausted and spent. Perhaps artistic karma does work after all. Though I wish the circumstances for it kicking in were not so dramatic. None the less, had I decided to quit, to leave, to vanish into the Costa Rican jungle (yes, it most certainly was on my mind) then I wouldn't have had that contact, wouldn't have been given the small ray of hope that maybe art really can bring the world together again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Recognize the Wins

Winding Down, Winding Up