A Foot in Two Worlds

The more that I engage myself in this project the more I start to question how far I can step into the concept of the Raven imagery without either becoming dark and weary or, worse, my images becoming tiresome and redundant. There has to be something of a shift in consciousness, a shift in focus. I am not sure what that is at the moment and am having trouble identifying how to accomplish what I have set out to do while also bringing something of meaning to the greater world. I suppose at this point in time the project feels narcissistic. This project has meaning to me, but how many other people truly connect with the Raven, truly connect with the burden of being a conduit between to planes. If I am to give over to the images as I did with the first five, I start to question if there isn't maybe a more accessible body of work, something that will affect and influence a greater audience.

I am reminded, however, of the power and instant popularity of Tim Cantor's set of images "Stalking the Scarecrow," "The Instrumentalist," "The Gathering," and "Midnight's Children." There seems to be something elemental about the raven imagery. Something that draws together people who have somehow connected with the mythology, or maybe even just connected with the deep and solemn stare of a raven of their own.

The most important mitigating factor at the moment is my extreme desire and need to shoot more of this imagery. I am not ready to let it go. Not ready to accept that it might not be a final project. It still feels not only vital but valid and necessary. Until I have succumbed to the ultimate project I won't be able to move on, and I think it is in the succumbing that I will ultimately find success and resolution. I cannot explain why I have stopped shooting. I intend to shoot again tonight. Right now. I will set up my strobes and begin the process again. I have to. There is no other path to take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

What Really is the Purpose?

Recognize the Wins