Back on Track

Okay, I suppose it is time that I started this up again.

First things first, my committee has finally been assembled. Hallelujah. That was a stress that I was not bearing well. There were so many uncertainties in my life that I needed some resolution and, thankfully, I at least found some here. So The Three have been determined and will now begin in the process of aiding my progression. No choice in the matter, sorry.

Second off, my progression is a thing of enigmatic ebbs and flows. Where last week I was shooting 100 birds for no particular reason other than it was loosely suggested, to this week's decision that my project should go in one of two directions, I have been torn in many directions. Now I am starting to find peace. I would be hypocritical to not admit some element of serendipity in all of this, and just plain rude not to admit that three of my classmates in a united effort drove me to one of the ideas. Herded might be more accurate. With whips and prods.

I am, of course, talking about Rin. Ah, Rin. She is a beautiful, crazy creation that I greatly fear says a lot more about me than I would like. Because I very specifically have characterized her as that which I am not, which is an impossible characterization. She is the things I hate most, so she is the dark side to my Demeter, the yang to my yin, most assuredly the truths that I wish would remain hidden. Damn her. And yet she is also a very clean concept. So clean, so raw that she has become an elegant solution to what ails me. She could very easily be a project.

The additional idea is an evolution of something I haven't shown you. I should, but there is a sense that I need a little more discretion with this one. Just for the time being. I have been so eager to share for so long, so eager for validation and approval, that I have unintentionally bastardized my process. For, more than anything, I am a private and introspective person. It is something I need to stew on a little more, germinate and bring to the surface before I share it with anyone, let alone the blogoshpere lurking behind every post.

Fear not, my loyal readers. I will let you in on all the secrets in good time. For in some ways I am only realized when my work is seen by someone other than myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Recognize the Wins

Winding Down, Winding Up