Carl Sagan

When I was in high school we watched a video narrated by Carl Sagan. At one point he was talking about the make up of life and he said something that ended in the phrase "Billions and billions of atoms." If you know Carl Sagan, you know how distinctive his voice and delivery are, so you can understand that why, fifteen years later, I still remember it with proper inflection and aggressive Bs (said properly, there should be some spitting.)

This just came to me as I looked over the image of Rin in a previous post. She is starting to multiply and it doesn't seem long before there will be billions and billions of her.

Shiver.

Comments

Moose Tucker said…
So I was talking on the phone with my husband earlier today and he randomly said "Oh, Mr. N wanted me to tell you that the Carl Sagan video series is on Hulu." I replied, "when?" (Because he saw Mr. N on Monday night, but wouldn't have seen him or heard from him today.) He said, "Last night." I freaked out. I must have a psychic connection with Mr. N! How obscure for two people to simultaneously think of Carl Sagan.
Unknown said…
That whole "more stars in the universe than all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the world" series?

It's a good one.

Of course, all of those images if Rin may start to freak you out at that point, but don't let her get to you.
Moose Tucker said…
Yeah, that's the one! "Billions and billions of" . . . stars, grains of sand, atoms. Carl sure cornered the market on items in the billions.

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

What Really is the Purpose?

Recognize the Wins