Origins

For those of you who know my work, you don't necessarily know why the work is the way it is. Thanks to James D. I have decided to start up a blog about the body of work and its evolution. This is partially as a motivational element to keep producing, partially a desperate need to do something MFA related even in the paltry two week break that we have been given, and partially the other form of creative expression that I am comfortable with, which would be writing.

Most of you know that I am an English Teacher now, but I am not certain of how many of you know that writing is a passion as well. I actually had writing before I had photography. I wrote my first novel, titled "Cat's Eye", when I was 10 years old. Granted, it didn't make a lick of sense, but I did it none the less. 175 pages of fantastical fiction about a boy named Terry and his adventures. I was infatuated with an author named Alan Dean Foster and fashioned Terry after Foster's protagonist, Flinx. It may be a crazy little book, but I still think some of the writing in it is lovely, even almost twenty years later. (I said almost.)

I wrote my second book starting at 16, finished at 22, submitted for publication, was denied, and am thinking about a rewrite to submit it again. The third book I started when I was 25, haven't quite finished it yet.

So when I say I am a writer, I hope that you will take me seriously. Odd, really, I consider myself both a writer and a photographer though I haven't been published as either. Someday, I hope. For both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Recognize the Wins

Carl Sagan